• Follow Me on Pinterest

Saturday, December 4, 2010

Aging



God is preparing me for death -- my death. I had a terrible and profound dream when I was in my late 30's -- I was looking at myself in the mirror from some distance and as I drew closer to the mirror I concluded that it wasn't myself that I was looking at but a very old wrinkled woman. As I peered at this very old and wrinkled face wondering why she was appearing to me, I suddenly realized that it was me! I awoke completely with no trace of sleepiness and began to sob, mourning and grieving for my youth taken from me. What a pity that the beautiful bodies that God gives us decay and die becoming fodder for the earth, the worms, and the plants. But it must be so...otherwise, I fear, that I would be a very vain and proud creature before God's eye. In giving me this knowledge through a dream, a vision that touched the very marrow of my soul, I was profoundly changed and not a day goes by that I don't think of my death and the deaths of those around me.

No comments:

Post a Comment