• Follow Me on Pinterest

Monday, May 28, 2012

A Dream of my Dad

Early this morning I had a lucid dream -- lucid dreams seem real at the time, as though you are really living in that particular space and time and nothing else exists. I had a dream about my father. He died in November of 2010 and not a day goes by that I don't grieve for him. I wonder when it will stop. But, God sent me a happy dream about him today and it filled me with so much joy I wanted to cry -- and I did weep in my dream (which woke me up). In the dream I was with my Mom in her bedroom that she and Dad shared for over 50 years. We were laying on the bed and talking like we so often do or at least we did before Dad died. Suddenly I was aware that my Dad was also laying on the bed and I reached over and took his hand and stroked his hand lovingly. I looked at Mom and said to her that Dad was right here and I was holding his hand -- and asked her to hold his hand too. She looked at my hand as if she were blind and I could tell that she couldn't see Dad's hand holding mine. As I stated earlier, I was so happy I was crying and woke up pretty quickly. I laid in bed thinking about why Mom could not see Dad and I suddenly thought "she doesn't have faith". I thought about that for a while and realized that Mom has struggled with the concept of faith for as long as I can remember. She asked me years ago if I thought heaven was real -- she genuinely wanted to know. I don't think I convinced her. I view my dream as a confirmation from God - a gift that my Dad's soul is eternal and that I will see him again. I miss him more than one can express.

No comments:

Post a Comment