• Follow Me on Pinterest

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Hannah graduated - 6th grade

Today I attended my very first sixth grade graduation ceremony where my grand-daughter was the recipient of a document that confirmed that she had indeed graduated. On to bigger and better things for her. I could not believe how crowded it was in the auditorium. Every single person associated with a graduate was there. The girls looked beautiful in their brand new dresses - most at appropriate lengths, hair done up, make-up, and manicures. Yes, they sparkled. The boys didn't seem to have the same enthusiasm for the event. Most of them dressed like it was a normal school day but some of them wore ties. People held gifts, flowers, and balloons and clapped energetically for every single child that received their "diploma". I was impressed with the community spirit, and a little jealous that I had never been honored in that way when I was a sixth grader. Well, maybe it is all for the good. Perhaps these young people who will soon be adults feel that they should pursue higher education and become something wonderful in this world.

No comments:

Post a Comment