• Follow Me on Pinterest

Friday, May 9, 2014

The Apple

After a wonderful few days of vacation with our friends in their timeshare, I'm back home inspired to paint again. It's been years -- literally-- since I picked up my paint brushes. I was lost -- how do I begin? The first thing I did was go to Joanne's and buy a pack of canvases already primed, acrylics, cheap paintbrushes, and other supplies. $81.00 later, and I'm ready to start a painting. I can't remember how I found this guy -- Will Kemp -- but, I went to his website and started reading and watching his videos on painting. He is a truly talented young artist and his style resonates with me. The first project to paint: the apple. Here is my rendition following Will Kemp's instructions. I'm happy to start painting again and will post more work as I finish it.

No comments:

Post a Comment