• Follow Me on Pinterest

Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Mom

My dear mother just died and my heart is broken. A little piece of me just died too. I took care of her 3 weeks prior to her death and had given her three kisses and a hug the last time I was with her. She died 7 hours later without me being there. No one was in the room with her. She died alone.
My mother would recite this sweet little poem to me when I was growing up and would even say it to me when I was grown. It goes like this, "Two pink eyed doves sitting in a tree. One for you (then she would kiss me on one of my eyelids), and one for me (she would then kiss me on the other eyelid)." It always made me feel loved and wanted.
One day I was looking out her bedroom window while she was sleeping and I saw two doves sitting in her Brazilian Floss Silk Tree. I went outside with my iphone and those birds just sat there while I took their picture -- posing for me. Here is the picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment