• Follow Me on Pinterest

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Hot, hot, summer days


It is hot here in the foothills of Northern California. Today it reached 98.2 degrees by 3:30 p.m.; many days it's a great deal warmer. I worry about my garden, my yard, my vegetable and strawberry patch, and my fruit trees. It wakes me up on hot sultry nights, wondering if they need water. Each morning I open the house up and walk outside to inspect the plants -- yes, indeed, they are thirsty. I'm a slave to my roses, flowers, shrubs, and trees. So, I pull out the hose, turn on the nice cool water and appreciate how beautiful the droplets of water look on the Agapanthus, hydrangea, dahlias, canna, and roses. I bask in their appreciation for my tender care and thank the Good Lord that I have such a lovely life.

1 comment:

  1. Landa,dear daughter, such a beautiful beginning to your blog. Yes, when I contemplated your name just after your birth, I envisioned you being a large land owner, not realizing at the time 'what is in a name' would enslave you to all the plants, bushes and trees! You are a very lovely hard working angel of the Lord.
    Love you,
    Mom & Dad

    ReplyDelete